This year, The Dylan Bradshaw Academy were asked by the DCU Style Society to do the hair for the biggest event of the Clubs and Socs calendar – the DCU Style Fashion Show.
Our students and educators brought their tools to the Northside when we visited the DCU Campus.
Glitter and hairspray filled the room and we knew we were ready to make the gorgeous models ready for the catwalk!
The Look: Girls
The theme of the evening was Dystopia vs Utopia and wanted to reflect this in the hair!
The Academy were asked for a sleek middle parting with a textured pony. Check out how we achieved this look.
1. Gel the sides down using Super Fixer Gel from Matrix.
2. Tie the hair in a ponytail and wrap with hair from the bottom of the ponytail.
3. Using a barrel tong, curl the ponytail.
4. Create texture using Matrix Height Riser dust. This will create a messy contrast with the sleek top.
5. Finish the look with Matrix Volume Fixer hairspray.
The Look: Boys
This was an easy look – the boys weren’t fussy and we just styled their hair that best suited them.
To achieve the boys’ cool and effortless look, our Academy students used:
Matrix Mess Maker Sea Spray
Matrix Shape Switcher Wax
A great night with even better hair! We can’t wait to be back next year.
*All products mentioned are available at the Dylan Bradshaw Academy, Third Floor, 56 South William Street, Dublin 2.*